This vegan Blueberry and Thyme Crumble has a jammy and aromatic blueberry and thyme filling with a sweet and crumbly oat topping. The filling is made with juicy fresh blueberries, thyme leaves, lemon zest, brown sugar and a touch of cinnamon for a flavour combination made in heaven!
This beautiful blueberry crumble is then baked until the blueberries start to release their juice and then a sweet oat crumble is sprinkled on top and baked until it is golden and the filling is bubbling.
This Blueberry and Thyme Crumble is:
The perfect winter dessert!
I hope you LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag @aveganvisit on Instagram when you make it 🙂
The Video Recipe:
The Blueberry Thyme Crumble Recipe:
Blueberry Thyme Crumble
- 750 g fresh blueberries
- 125 g soft light brown sugar
- 25 g cornflour
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (chopped (1.5 tsp after chopping))
- 2 tsp lemon zest (approx zest from 1 small lemon)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 150 g oat flour (gluten free)
- 75 g soft light brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g dairy free block butter ((not spreadable margarine))
- 75 g rolled oats (gluten free)
To make the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan (200°C conventional / 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Add the blueberry filling ingredients (blueberries, sugar, cornflour, thyme, lemon zest, cinnamon and salt) to a large bowl and stir to combine.750 g fresh blueberries, 125 g soft light brown sugar, 25 g cornflour, 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, 2 tsp lemon zest, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, a pinch of salt
- Transfer the filling to a large baking dish - we used 22cm diameter x 5 cm deep (9" x 2") round dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven (without the crumble topping) for 20 minutes. We recommend using a tray underneath in case the filling bubbles over.
To make the crumble topping:
- In a bowl stir together the oat flour, 75g brown sugar and a pinch of salt.150 g oat flour, 75 g soft light brown sugar, a pinch of salt
- Rub in the butter until the mixture is the consistency of breadcrumbs.100 g dairy free block butter
- Add the oats and stir the mixture to combine.75 g rolled oats
- Once the blueberry filling has been in the oven for 20 minutes take it out and give it a good stir to ensure any remaining flour/sugar is mixed in.
- Sprinkle over the crumble topping and bake for a further 25 minutes until the topping is golden.
- Serve with dairy free vanilla ice cream, custard or cream.