A light and summery take on the classic carbonara, this healthy vegan carbonara version uses spiralised courgette and vegan cream cheese for a dairy free version that is much healthier than the original. It is topped with smokey tofu bacon and a generous sprinkling of my 2 Minute Vegan Parmesan.
This is the perfect weeknight meal; it can be whipped up in just 15 minutes and is packed full of flavour. It is high in protein, low carb and tastes absolutely delicious!
This Easy Vegan Carbonara is:
Perfect for summer,
Easy and quick to make,
Is sprinkled with delicious smokey tofu bacon
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it, I love to see your re-creations @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe:
The Written Recipe:
Easy Vegan Carbonara With Smokey Tofu Bacon
For the tofu bacon:
- 200 g extra firm tofu (sliced into small thin pieces)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 150 ml water
For the carbonara:
- 600 g courgette (spiralised)
- 200 g vegan cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 100 g peas
- Add the tofu slices into a frying pan with the tamari, liquid smoke, maple syrup and water. Turn the heat to high and leave it to simmer for approximately 10 minutes until all of the liquid has evaporated and the tofu has soaked up the flavours.200 g extra firm tofu, 2 tbsp tamari, 2 tbsp liquid smoke, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 150 ml water
- Whilst the tofu bacon is simmering, make the carbonara. Add your spiralised courgette (zucchini noodles) to a large saucepan with the cream cheese, garlic and peas. Cook gently for 10 minutes until hot through.600 g courgette, 200 g vegan cream cheese, 1 clove garlic, 100 g peas
- Serve the carbonara with the bacon bits and a sprinkling of my 2 Minute Vegan Parmesan if you like it extra cheesy!