This flavourful vegan one pan vegetable lasagne is full of rainbow veggies in a rich tomato and fresh basil sauce. It’s finished with dairy free cream cheese and a garlic bread gratin topping.
I wanted to create a delicious veggie lasagne recipe that resulted in less washing up than the usual multiple saucepans plus a baking dish. And so here we are!
This vegan one pan lasagne is created from start to finish in a 20cm cast iron skillet that goes straight from hob to oven, with the addition of one bowl or blending cup for the must try garlic gratin topping.
This recipe makes 4 portions but you can easily double it up if you want to make it in a larger pan.
What you’ll need to make this vegan one pan vegetable lasagne
Here’s what you’ll need:
Key Equipment: One 20cm cast iron skillet or pan that is suitable for use both on the hob and in the oven. To make the gratin topping you can either stir the ingredients together in a bowl, or blitz them in a food processor or blender.
Refrigerated items: Vegan cream cheese is used to make a super simple and easy ‘cheesy white sauce’ layer. We’ve tested this recipe with Tesco Free From Soft Cheese and Violife Cream Cheese.
Pantry items: Olive oil, tomato puree, passata, a jar of roasted red peppers, dried oregano, seasoning, and dried lasagne sheets.
Fresh ingredients: This recipe uses onion, courgette, carrot, garlic and fresh basil.
Other ingredients: You’ll need some breadcrumbs for the topping, preferably slightly stale.
Tips for making this vegan one pan vegetable lasagne
Veggies: When you’re frying off the grated and diced veggies, do so over a medium heat and stir them relatively frequently. As the time goes on you should see them start to reduce in size and go all glossy and delicious!
Gratin topping: I make the topping by blending up stale bread into breadcrumbs using a food processor and then adding the olive oil, garlic and oregano and blending again briefly to mix. To save even more on the washing up you can buy a tub of breadcrumbs and simply stir the gratin ingredients together in a bowl.
Gluten Free: This recipe can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free lasagne sheets and breadcrumbs.
Cheesy topping: Loosen up the cream cheese by giving it a vigorous stir before trying to smooth it on top of the lasagne sheets. This will make it easier to smooth out.
Baking: Bake the lasagne in your oven proof skillet or pan for 25 minutes until the gratin topping is golden and the lasagne bubbling. Serve it with a sprinkling of fresh basil leaves and a side salad.
More delicious easy weeknight meals to try
I hope you LOVE this vegan one pan vegetable lasagne! If you try it be sure to leave a comment and rating below and tag @aveganvisit on social media – I love to see your re-creations! Enjoy 🙂 x
The Video Recipe:
The One Pan Vegetable Lasagne Recipe:
One Pan Vegetable Lasagne
For the lasagne:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (diced (100g))
- 2 roasted red peppers (from a jar, diced (150g))
- 1 medium courgette (grated (150g))
- 1 medium carrot (grated (150g))
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 500 g passata
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 5 dried lasagne sheets
- 340 g vegan cream cheese
For the garlic gratin topping:
- 40 ml olive oil
- 80 g breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Using a 20cm cast iron pan* fry the veggies (onion, roasted red pepper, courgette and carrot) gently in the oil for 10 minutes over a medium heat, stirring frequently.1 onion, 2 roasted red peppers, 1 medium courgette, 1 medium carrot, 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add the minced garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.3 garlic cloves
- Add the tomato puree and stir through to coat the vegetables.2 tbsp tomato puree
- Add the passata, basil, 1/2 tsp oregano, salt and pepper. Stir through and then cook for a further 5 minutes.500 g passata, 2 tbsp fresh basil, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Whilst the mixture is cooking make the garlic gratin topping by adding the topping ingredients (olive oil, breadcrumbs, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tsp oregano) to a food processor and blitzing briefly until combined.40 ml olive oil, 80 g breadcrumbs, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp dried oregano
- Remove the cast iron pan from the heat and smooth out the vegetable mixture. Lay the lasagne sheets over the top.5 dried lasagne sheets
- Loosen up the cream cheese by giving it a vigorous stir and then spoon it on top of the lasagne sheets and smooth it out.340 g vegan cream cheese
- Sprinkle over the garlic gratin crumb.
- Bake at 200°C for 25 minutes until golden and bubbling.