These vegan bakery style cookies are rich and chocolatey, crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and generously filled with chunks of white, milk and dark vegan chocolate. Ready in under 20 minutes!
Some recipes are born by happy accident after creating a delicious meal mid-week from whatever ingredients were on hand. Others are more like a rigorous scientific experiment with more research and testing than you can count.
You’d think cookies would slot happily into the first of those two, but oh no.
For those of you who don’t know, I am pretty much married to the cookie monster. Given that some days he’ll pick food up off the floor and eat it whilst shouting “5 second rule!”, it’s surprising just how high he sets the bar for an acceptable cookie.
A decent bakery-style cookie features near the top of his list of favourite treats but before even entertaining the idea of trying one, it has to pass the ‘squish test’ – being the perfect balance of crisp on the outside, squishy on the inside. If, when squeezed gently through the packet, the cookies don’t have enough squish, they will be put swiftly back on the supermarket shelf ready to leave the next unwitting customer bitterly disappointed and wishing they’d done the same level of cookie due diligence as the HB.
I’ve lost count on the number of tests I did of these cookies, we’d be well into the 20s and towards the final stages the variation between batches was down to 5g of flour here and 2 minutes of baking there. The last taste test involved 9 different batches being scored against each other with variations in ingredients, cook times and whether or not the dough was refrigerated.
So, believe me when I say, these Triple Chocolate Cookies are the PERFECT-FRICKIN-SQUISHYNESS!
They’re vegan, non-vegan and HB approved, are ridiculously quick and easy to make and taste like a piece of rich, chocolatey heaven. They’re crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and filled with chunks of white, milk and dark vegan chocolate. I don’t mess around with size either – they’re proper bakery-style cookies the size of your hand and can be enjoyed on their own, with a side of hot chocolate or going all out crumbled over ice cream with dairy free chocolate sauce.
These Triple Chocolate Cookies are:
The size of your hand
With a crisp exterior
Rich and chocolatey
Full to the brim with triple chocolate chunks
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it, I love seeing your re-creations @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe:
The Written Recipe:
Bakery-Style Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 125 g dairy free margarine
- 125 g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 g plain flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 25 g dairy free white chocolate (broken into chunks *see note)
- 25 g dairy free milk chocolate (broken into chunks *see note)
- 25 g dairy free dark chocolate (broken into chunks *see note)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C fan (195°C conventional / 400°F / gas mark 6) and line a flat baking tray (one without edges)** with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat together the margarine, sugar, syrup and vanilla until smooth.125 g dairy free margarine, 125 g soft light brown sugar, 1 tbsp golden syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and mix until thoroughly combined.120 g plain flour, 25 g cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 pinch salt
- Add the chocolate and stir in.25 g dairy free white chocolate, 25 g dairy free milk chocolate, 25 g dairy free dark chocolate
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide up the cookie dough into 6 and place on the baking sheet. Leave plenty of space in between your cookies because they will spread. Flatten them slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on the tray***.