This Whipped Vegan Fruit Dip recipe is created in 3 easy steps with just 2 ingredients; vegan marshmallow and dairy free cream cheese. With 5 minutes to spare you can create this sweet and silky smooth dip that’s perfect for movie nights and party snacking.
Traditional fruit dip uses a blend of marshmallow fluff and cream cheese to create a sweet and silky smooth dip that pairs PERFECTLY with all kinds of fruit.
Just because this recipe is vegan, it doesn’t mean we need to miss out on the marshmallow fluff! We’ve developed a cheat’s vegan marshmallow fluff that comes together in just a few minutes; no aquafaba or endless whipping required!
With just 2 simple ingredients, this easy vegan fruit dip recipe is the perfect accompaniment to movie night – no nuts, no cream and no yoghurt needed.
Keep reading to discover how to make this beautiful Whipped Vegan Fruit Dip recipe in just 5 minutes, complete with easy vegan marshmallow fluff.
- The written recipe
- Why you’ll love this recipe
- Success tips
- Step by step instructions with photos
- Other incredible recipes like this one
Why you’ll love this Whipped Vegan Fruit Dip Recipe
It requires just 2 ingredients. Vegan marshmallows and vegan cream cheese are needed to create this sweet dip… that’s it! No nuts, no cream, no vegan yogurt!
5 minutes to make. This is a really quick recipe to make. First you melt the marshmallows, then you blend the melted marshmallows with vegan cream cheese until smooth.
It’s a colourful and special party plate. A fruit platter ALWAYS looks great on a party table and it’s one of the easiest party plates to put together. Pair lots of ripe and colourful fruit with this Whipped Vegan Fruit Dip recipe for a party winner.
- Melt the marshmallows over a LOW heat. Marshmallows can burn quite easily so make sure to set them over a low heat and add 1-2 tbsp of water to them. Keep stirring and they should have melted within 1-2 minutes.
- Beat the melted marshmallows vigorously. Once the marshmallows have melted, add another 1-2 tbsp of water and beat the mixture vigorously to work out any lumps.
- Use a blender. For best results use a blender to blend the melted marshmallows and vegan cream cheese as this will get out any remaining lumps and create a smooth finish.
- Customise depending on your sweet tooth. We’ve written this recipe with a 50/50 split of marshmallow to cream cheese (which makes a delicious dip!). If you prefer a dip that is less sweet (i.e. if you want the kids to sleep after family movie night) you can opt for a higher proportion of cream cheese. Check out the recipe card for our recommendation.
How to make this Whipped Vegan Fruit Dip recipe
Vegan Marshmallows. Pick all white vegan marshmallows.
Vegan Cream Cheese. We opted for the lowest salt variety of vegan cream cheese that we could find in our local supermarket.
You’ll need a saucepan, wooden spoon, spatula and blender for this recipe. We don’t recommend using a hand mixer, a blender is the best way to create a creamy finish.
Make sure to head to the recipe card below for the full recipe and instructions!
Add the marshmallows to a saucepan with 1.5 tbsp of water. Set the saucepan over a low heat. We set our hob at 50%.
Stir continuously until the marshmallows have fully melted down.
Once the marshmallows have melted, turn the heat off and beat the mixture for a few seconds. Add a tablespoon of water and beat the mixture again vigorously to work out any lumps.
Add the melted marshmallows to a high-speed blender or food processor along with the vegan cream cheese. Blend for around 30 seconds-1 minute until the mixture is smooth.
Ideally, serve straight away paired with your favourite fruit but if not, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container and use within 3 days.
What is fruit dip made of?
Traditional non-vegan fruit dip is made with marshmallow fluff (or marshmallow creme) and cream cheese. Vegan fruit dip, on the other hand, tends to be made with main ingredients varying from blended raw cashews and tofu to coconut milk yogurt and cream, sweetened with sugar or maple syrup.
Once you’ve tried vegan fruit dip made with marshmallow fluff, there will be no turning back! Although you can’t easily buy vegan marshmallow fluff in the shops, it’s actually incredibly easy to make by melting down vegan marshmallows.
Whilst melted marshmallows is not quite the same as marshmallow fluff (because the marshmallows contain a setting agent), it still does the same job when blended with cream cheese to create this beautifully creamy and sweet Whipped Vegan Fruit Dip. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
What should I serve this Whipped Vegan Fruit Dip with?
Create a snack board or pretty dip tray full of some of the following items, to serve with this creamy dip:
- berries – including strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- peaches (my personal favorite!)
- apple slices
- any other of your favorite fruits!
- chocolate cookies
- or dolloped on cake!
Where can I serve this fruit dip?
There are so many possibilities! Serve this dairy-free fruit dip with a fresh fruit platter as a great dessert at:
- family movie nights (a great why to encourage the kids to eat some fruit salad!)
- bridal showers
- birthday parties
- festive parties
- baby showers
- drinks with the girls (the perfect addition!)
- your next barbeque
- it’s also the perfect snack to share with your love on Valentine’s day
How can I stop the fruit from browning?
Dipping cut fruit in a little lemon juice (lime or pineapple juice also work well) can make a real difference at preventing it from browning and keeping it looking fresh on your party table.
How should I store this sweet fruit dip?
Ideally, serve this vegan dip straight away. Store any leftover dip in an airtight container to enjoy the next day (or within 3 days).
Loved this Whipped Vegan Fruit Dip recipe? Here are some more delicious sweet vegan recipes to try
I hope you LOVE this recipe for vegan fruit dip! Please share this recipe with someone you think will love it because it’s our goal to encourage as many people as possible to try plant based eating.
Also, don’t forget to tag @aveganvisit on social media when you make this recipe. I absolutely love seeing your re-creations! Enjoy 🙂 x
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below – this provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. If you want more delicious vegan recipes be sure to subscribe to the A Vegan Visit newsletter. We’d also love for you to join the AVV community on Youtube, TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
The Written Recipe:
2-Ingredient Whipped Vegan Fruit Dip (Easy Recipe)
- 200 g vegan cream cheese*
- 200 g vegan marshmallows (shop-bought (preferably all white))
- 2-3 tbsp water
- First up, you want to melt down the vegan marshmallows to make a ‘Cheat’s Marshmallow Fluff’. Add the vegan marshmallows, along with 1.5 tbsp water, to a saucepan set over a low heat**. Stir the marshmallows and water until the marshmallows have melted (around 1-2 minutes).200 g vegan marshmallows, 2-3 tbsp water
- Once the marshmallows have fully melted, turn the heat off and beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until it’s smooth. Add another tbsp of water and beat the mixture again.
- Add the melted marshmallow mixture to a blender along with the vegan cream cheese. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute until smooth. Using a blender helps to breakdown any lumps in the cream cheese and melted marshmallows and it also gives the fruit dip a whipped consistency.***200 g vegan cream cheese*