Colombia, you little drinks’ wizard you! This vegan version of the popular Colombian drink ‘Limonada de Coco’ (Coconut Lemonade) is a flavour combination made in heaven. IT’S NO JOKE.
Creamy homemade coconut ice-cream topping freshly made tangy, sweet, refreshing lemonade. As the ice cream melts into the lemonade, the beautifully rich and creamy coconut blends perfectly with the fresh tang of the lemon.
It’s like an ice-cream soda but much, much better. Not to mention healthier. And far more vegan.
Enjoy, my little fruity friends, enjoy.
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe:
The Written Recipe:
Colombian Coconut Lemonade
For the ice cream:
- 400 ml coconut cream (try to pick one with a strong coconut flavour (*see note))
- 350 g silken tofu
- 90 g maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the lemonade:
- 1.5 litres still water (hot)
- 350 g agave nectar (**see note)
- 6 lemons (juiced (approx 270ml))
To make the ice cream:
- Blend the ice cream ingredients in a blender for 1-2 minutes, until smooth and combined.400 ml coconut cream, 350 g silken tofu, 90 g maple syrup, 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Transfer the mix to your ice cream maker and churn according to the instructions (ours takes around 40 minutes).
- When the ice cream has finished churning, transfer it to a freezer-proof container. Gently lay some cling film over the top (touching the ice cream but not pressed in), put the lid on and pop it in the freezer to harden up for around 4 hours.
- Consume within 10 days for the best texture and flavour.
- Defrost the ice cream at room temperature for around 15 minutes before serving and use an ice cream scoop which has been stood in hot water to ease scooping.
To make the lemonade:
- Stir the agave into the hot water until fully dissolved (***see note).1.5 litres still water, 350 g agave nectar
- Add the lemon juice and leave to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before transferring to the fridge to chill ready for serving.6 lemons
- Serve piled high with scoops of deliciously creamy coconut ice cream and a little sprinkling of lemon zest.