These individual vegan apple crumble desserts house a chunky apple filling, a crunchy biscuity topping and a secret centre made from smooth and creamy date-caramel.
They’re so easy to make and are a massive hit in my household – with vegans and non vegans alike.
Quick! Get your apron on, you don’t want to miss this one!
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe :
The Written Recipe :
Caramel Centre Apple Crumble Pots
- 350 g apples (eating variety - cored, skin on and cut into small pieces)
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 125 g medjool dates (pitted)
- 100 ml dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g oat flour (gluten free (*see note))
- 20 g coconut sugar
- 30 g coconut oil (cold (solid not liquid))
- 15 g pecans (roughly chopped)
To make the fruity filling:
- Put all of the ‘fruity filling’ ingredients into a saucepan and simmer over a low heat for around 10 minutes until any liquid has evaporated and the apples have softened.350 g apples, 30 g coconut sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp cinnamon
- Whilst the apples are cooking, make the caramel sauce and crumble topping.
To make the caramel centre:
- Add all of the caramel ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth (**see note).125 g medjool dates, 100 ml dairy free milk, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 pinch of salt
To make the crumble topping:
- Add the flour, sugar and cold coconut oil into a bowl and rub with your hands until roughly combined (***see note)50 g oat flour, 20 g coconut sugar, 30 g coconut oil
- Stir in the pecan pieces.15 g pecans
Compile the desserts:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan (200°C conventional / 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Add the fruity filling into single serve oven-proof ramekins.
- Move the fruit away from the centre and add in a generous spoonful of the caramel sauce (around 2 tsp per dessert)
- Sprinkle over the crumble topping.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden and bubbling.