This vegan cobbler is easy to make and is the perfect winter warmer, with tangy blackberries, sweet peaches and spicy ginger to make a bowl of beautifully harmonious flavours. Mmm mmm.
Serve this delicious dessert with a scoop of vegan ice cream for comfort food at its best.
Confession time. The recipe for the cobbler topping was thieved from my dear mother, but you know, we’re family so sharing is caring… 🙂
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe :
The Written Recipe :
Peach and Blackberry Cobbler
- 400 g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 300 g peaches (fresh and ripe or canned, chopped into bitesize pieces)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (finely minced)
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 275 g plain flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 80 g coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- zest of 2 lemons
- 150 g coconut yoghurt
- 60 ml dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 g flaked almonds
- Put the fruity filling ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over a medium heat for around 15 minutes.400 g blackberries, 300 g peaches, 1 tbsp fresh ginger, 50 g coconut sugar, 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients for the cobbles (except the flaked almonds).275 g plain flour, 50 g ground almonds, 80 g coconut sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp baking powder, zest of 2 lemons
- Add the wet ingredients and bring them together into small scone-sized balls.150 g coconut yoghurt, 60 ml dairy free milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan (190°C conventional / 375°F / gas mark 5).
- Once the fruity filling has been simmering for 15 minutes, transfer it into an oven proof dish. Use a slotted spoon to get rid of any excess liquid, especially if you have used frozen fruit.
- Top the fruity with the cobbles and sprinkle them with flaked almonds.30 g flaked almonds
- Bake for 30 minutes.