Finally – Cheesecake as you used to know it! If you’ve been craving a classic no-bake cheesecake since turning to a plant-based lifestyle, look no further. The release of whippable dairy free cream and vegan cream cheese onto the mass market has paved the way for us vegans to once more enjoy an easy, indulgent no bake vegan cheesecake for dessert.
This vegan cheesecake has a classic oat biscuit base and is topped with a harmonious mix of dairy free cream cheese and whipped cream with a touch of vanilla. It is incredibly easy to make, has only 6 simple ingredients and tastes so good it could pass for the ‘real’ thing!
Without a cashew or date in sight – this is your easy weekend treat or can be tarted up for a dinner party with beautiful berries or dairy free chocolate curls. Enjoy!
A classic easy no bake vegan cheesecake! It’s:
With a vanilla cream cheese filling
A oaty hobnob biscuit base
Only 6 ingredients!
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it, I love seeing your re-creations @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe:
The Written Recipe:
Easy No-Bake Vegan Cheesecake (Only 6 Ingredients!)
- 200 g vegan Hobnob biscuits/oaties (gluten free if desired)
- 75 g dairy free margarine (melted)
- 600 g dairy free cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 270 ml dairy free double cream (whipping variety (*see note))
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Your toppings of choice. We've used mixed summer berries and berry coulis
- Line a 20cm loose-bottomed, spring form tin with parchment paper on the base and sides (***see note).
- In a food processor, pulse the biscuits until they are blitzed into crumbs.200 g vegan Hobnob biscuits/oaties
- Add the melted margarine and blitz again to combine.75 g dairy free margarine
- Press the mixture firmly into the base of the lined tin. Put the base in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up whilst you make your filling.
- Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste together until smooth – this should take around 2 minutes.600 g dairy free cream cheese, 100 g icing sugar, 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream using an electric whisk until it has firmed up and forms ‘peaks’ when the whisk is turned off and pulled out.270 ml dairy free double cream
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture slowly and gently until combined but without beating the air out of the whipped cream.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base and pop it in the freezer to set overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Note: Dairy free cream tends not to whip as firmly as dairy cream, which is why I recommend that the cheesecake is frozen rather than being refrigerated, otherwise it can be a bit too soft.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove it from the tin and add your toppings. You’ll want to leave it out of the freezer for 60-90 minutes before serving, depending on the texture you prefer (firmer or softer).