Potato salad is a British barbecue staple and this quick and easy recipe for vegan potato salad is sure to become your ‘go to’. It uses all of the classic ingredients with a few twists by combining baby potatoes in a creamy sauce using vegan mayonnaise, crunchy gherkins, onion, fresh chives and parsley with a generous sprinkling of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
There are just 4 easy steps to this recipe and once your baby potatoes are cooked and cooled it take just 5 minutes to make. Be warned, it’s quite addictive so you’ll likely be coming back for seconds!
This Easy Vegan Potato Salad is:
Quick to make
Is so easy to make, it’ll become your ‘go to’!
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe:
Easy Vegan Potato Salad
- 500 g new potatoes
- 50 g vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh chives (finely chopped)
- 50 g white onion (diced)
- 50 g gherkins (diced)
- ¾ tsp salt (1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp)
- ¼ tsp pepper (ground)
- Halve the new potatoes as necessary and then add to a big pan of cold water, with 1/2 tsp of salt.500 g new potatoes
- Bring the water to the boil and then simmer until the potatoes are cooked, around 15 minutes from the time the water starts boiling. To check they are cooked, insert a knife and if the potato feels relatively soft then they should be done.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool.
- When the potatoes are completely cold, add them to a large bowl along with the mayonnaise, vinegar, parsley, chives, onion, gherkins, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Stir to combine.50 g vegan mayonnaise, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp fresh parsley, 2 tbsp fresh chives, 50 g white onion, 50 g gherkins, 1/4 tsp pepper