A super speedy, simple vegan slaw with just the right amount of tang. Fresh, rainbow coloured vegetable ribbons are mixed with creamy vegan mayonnaise and fresh, tangy apple cider vinegar to create the perfect topping for your veggie burger.
It’s easy to customise so you can make it creamy or tangy to suit your tastes.
Try this red cabbage, cucumber, carrot and red pepper slaw as an accompaniment to your summer salads or why not try my Steak(less) and Slaw Wraps for a quick and easy lunch with friends?
This speedy slaw is:
Quick and easy to make
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe :
The Written Recipe :
- 1 small carrot (skin removed)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red pepper (de-seeded and thinly sliced)
- 200 g pickled red cabbage (drained weight)
- 150 g vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (*see note)
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrot and the skin of your cucumber (just the skin!) into thin ribbons. Add these to a large bowl along with the red pepper slices.1 small carrot, 1 cucumber, 1 red pepper
- Drain the pickled cabbage, give it a quick rinse in cold water and then add this to the bowl with the carrot, cucumber and red pepper slices.200 g pickled red cabbage
- Add the vegan mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and some seasoning to the bowl. Stir to evenly coat the vegetables. Taste and add more mayo if you want it creamier, or a dash more apple cider vinegar if you prefer it tangier.150 g vegan mayonnaise, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar