Easy vegan chocolate chip waffles with a crisp exterior and a soft and fluffy interior scattered with melty chocolate chips.
My first ever experience of eating waffles was during a particularly epic visit to Covent Garden (which you can read about here).
I’m not quite sure how I have made it through life without having tried waffles to be honest, a fact that dawned on me as I was patiently awaiting my raspberry and vanilla swirl froyo from Yorica which was to be adorned with hot mini-waffles, chocolate sauce and blueberries.
My waffle-topped froyo was an absolute delight and I realised that continuing life without a regular waffle-occurrence was not something that I was willing to endure. Thus, a waffle maker was swiftly purchased and the perfect vegan chocolate chip waffle recipe was devised.
THEY ARE SO EASY.
Why have I never made waffles before?
Anyway, no one can be perfect. I have learnt the error of my ways and I shall now never be without these delicious little beauties, which also freeze like a dream FYI for an even quicker and easier breakfast/dessert/midnight snack.
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe:
The Written Recipe:
Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Waffles
- 275 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 60 g coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250 g dairy free milk
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 75 g coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.275 g plain flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp salt
- Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla, coconut nectar, milk and chocolate chips. Whisk together to form a batter.60 g coconut nectar, 1 tsp vanilla, 250 g dairy free milk, 75 g coconut oil, 50 g chocolate chips
- Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease the waffle maker with a little coconut oil and add the batter, which should make 2 large waffles. Cook the waffles for around 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Serve with whipped dairy free cream, fresh berries and icing sugar. Delish!