Dangerously moreish and quite possibly the most delicious sweet potato fries you’ll ever try – oven cooked in truffle oil for an incredible flavour!
My best friend and I recently visited New York to celebrate her birthday (which you can read about here).
It was our first time to The Big Apple and it was one of those trips that you know you’ll remember for the rest of your life – filled with fun, laughter, amazement… and incredible food.
On our last day, before we headed back to the airport, we went on a hunt for the infamous ‘Beyond Burger’. Having found a restaurant close to our hotel that served said burger, we excitedly sat down for an early lunch. We ordered The P.S Burger with queso, thousand island, a side of fries and an extra portion of truffle fries to share (yes, we were carbing up in preparation for the long flight…).
I’d never heard of truffle fries before but they sounded delicious and when they arrived they smelt incredible! They were dangerously moreish and quite possibly the most delicious fries I’ve ever eaten. We both ate until we couldn’t eat any more and left the restaurant with full bellies and contented smiles.
I’ve re-created the incredible truffle fries in a healthier version – oven cooked using sweet potato to give you a lighter treat that can be enjoyed with much less guilt but just as much delicious truffle flavour!
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe:
The Written Recipe:
Skinny Sweet Potato Truffle Fries
- 600 g sweet potato (approx 2 medium)
- 20 g truffle infused oil
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan (220°C conventional / 425°F / gas mark 7).
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into super skinny fries (approx 0.5cm cubed).600 g sweet potato
- In a bowl, shake the fries with the oil and a generous sprinkling of sea salt.20 g truffle infused oil, sea salt
- Spread the fries out onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. It’s important that you spread them out to give them plenty of space to ensure they crisp up on the edges - use two trays if necessary.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping once half way through. The fries are ready when they are starting to crisp up. You may need to leave them in a little longer than 25 minutes, depending on your oven.
- When the fries are cooked, serve them sprinkled with vegan parmesan and chopped parsley for the tastiest side dish!