This slow cooker Jackfruit and 3 Bean Chilli Soup is hearty, simple and full of flavour. It’s packed with goodness including protein rich beans, flavourful roasted red peppers and spices. It’s healthy, easy to make and is perfect for busy weeknight dinners and bulk meal prep.
Who doesn’t love a slow cooker soup? This one requires minimal prep and is super simple to make – perfect for those busy days when you just want to chuck everything in the slow cooker or instant pot and have dinner waiting for you when you get home!
This soup is packed with flavour and is a hearty, healthy and warming meal. It makes 4 generous portions and freezes well, making it a winner for meal prep. Serve it with a generous spoonful of vegan crème fraîche or sour cream, a sprinkling of fresh coriander and crispy tortilla chips for dipping.
Why you’ll love this Jackfruit and 3 Bean Chilli Soup
Easy to make and minimal prep. There is very little prep involved in making this soup; all you need to do is trim any tough bits off of the jackfruit and dice the roasted red peppers. Other than that, everything just goes into the pot and you can leave the slower cooker to do it’s thing!
Full of flavour. The aim with this soup was to create a dish that was rich with Mexican-style flavours. The soup is tomato based and is pimped up with cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, chilli and a touch of cinnamon. Adding dark chocolate boosts the flavour of the soup further and the jackfruit soaks up all of those wonderful flavours.
Wholesome and nutritious. There are lots of lovely wholesome ingredients in this soup from flavourful and naturally sweet roasted red peppers to a trio of protein and nutrient rich beans.
Meal prep and freezer friendly. This recipe serves four but it can be doubled if your slow cooker is large enough and you’d like to create some extra freezer portions for a rainy day.
Top tips for making this Jackfruit and 3 Bean Chilli Soup
Slow cooker size: We used a 3.5L slow cooker for this recipe.
Thickening up the soup: To thicken up the soup, leave the lid off for the last hour of cooking.
Variations: This soup is naturally gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free!
You can double up the recipe if you have a large enough slow cooker to accommodate the extra ingredients.
The beans can be substituted if you have a different variety of bean that you prefer. Just opt for beans that are canned in water and don’t come in a sauce.
If you want to boost the nutritional value of this soup even further, you can add a handful of greens 10 minutes before serving – try baby spinach.
To make on the hob fry the diced onion in oil for 5 minutes before adding the tomato puree, cumin and paprika and frying for a further 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate) and simmer for around 30 minutes until everything is hot through. Stir in the chocolate just before serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve this hearty soup with a generous spoonful of vegan crème fraîche or sour cream, a sprinkling of fresh coriander and crispy tortilla chips for dipping.
Storing: Spare portions of this soup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or frozen for around 3 months (defrost fully before reheating).
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may make a small commission off of items you purchase via one of these links, at no additional cost to you. Please read the policy page for more information.
More delicious and healthy vegan meals to try
Looking for more no-faff slow cooker soup recipes? Try this Red Lentil, Apricot and Chilli Soup – a classic soup with a twist featuring filling red lentils with immune-boosting turmeric, tingly crushed chilli and a hint of natural sweetness from diced apricots.
For a wholesome and filling soup try our Creamy Chick’n and Vegetable Soup which uses the power of herbs and spices to replicate a chicken soup flavour paired with farmhouse veggies. It’s served with delicious homemade crunchy garlic croutons!
This quick and Easy Vegan Carbonara with Smokey Tofu Bacon is a light and summery take on the Italian classic. It’s high protein, low carb and takes just 15 minutes to make plus it’s absolutely delicious!
I hope you LOVE this Jackfruit and 3 Bean Chilli Soup! If you try it be sure to leave a comment and rating below and tag @aveganvisit on social media – I love to see your re-creations! Enjoy 🙂 x
The Video Recipe:
The Jackfruit and 3 Bean Chilli Soup Recipe:
Jackfruit and 3 Bean Chilli Soup
- 1 onion (diced)
- 800 g of tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin of jackfruit (trimmed and shredded (approx 175g drained and trimmed weight))
- 1 x 400g tin of kidney beans (approx 175g drained weight)
- 1 x 400g tin of cannellini beans (approx 175g drained weight)
- 1 x 400g tin of black beans (approx 175g drained weight)
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers (drained and diced (approx 300g drained weight))
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 25 g dark chocolate
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g tortilla chips
- ½ fresh green chilli
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 tbsp vegan crème fraîche
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker and simmer for 6 hours. Simmer uncovered for the last hour to thicken up the soup.1 onion, 800 g of tinned diced tomatoes, 1 x 400g tin of jackfruit, 1 x 400g tin of kidney beans, 1 x 400g tin of cannellini beans, 1 x 400g tin of black beans, 1 jar of roasted red peppers, 2 tbsp tomato puree, 1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp chipotle chilli flakes, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 25 g dark chocolate, 300 ml vegetable stock
- Serve with fresh coriander and chilli slices, crunchy tortilla chips and a generous spoonful of vegan crème fraîche.50 g tortilla chips, 1/2 fresh green chilli, 1 tbsp fresh coriander, 1 tbsp vegan crème fraîche