Got a veggie friend coming for lunch? Fear not, these steak(less) and slaw wraps can be whipped up in under 15 minutes and taste beaut.
Chargrill or barbecue your favourite veggie ‘steak’ burgers for the best flavour. Whilst your burgers are doing their thing whip up my Speedy Slaw with veggie ribbons, pickled cabbage and vegan mayo.
Spoon your slaw onto a warmed tortilla, add strips of your ‘steak’ and if you’re feeling fancy you can add some torn coriander leaves and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
THAT’S IT! A delicious vegan lunch, ready in a jiffy.
For this recipe I used the Co-op Incredible Burgers which were so delicious! They’re less meaty than the Beyond Burger but juicer than the Linda McCartney Quarter Pounders.
These wraps are:
Texturally diverse – crunchy slaw, soft ‘meaty’ steak strips and a creamy dressing
Quick to make – 15 mins or less!
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it @aveganvisit 🙂
The Video Recipe:
The Written Recipe :
Steak(Less) and Slaw Wraps
- 4 vegan steaks or burgers of choice
- 1 small carrot (skin removed)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red pepper (de-seeded and thinly sliced)
- 200 g pickled red cabbage (drained weight)
- 150 g vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (*see note)
- 4 tortilla wraps
- fresh coriander
- sesame seeds
- Chargrill / bbq / fry your veggie steak/burgers of choice until cooked through.4 vegan steaks or burgers of choice
- Whilst the burgers are cooking make the Speedy Slaw. Use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrot and the skin of your cucumber (just the skin!) into thin ribbons. Add these to a large bowl along with the red pepper slices.1 small carrot, 1 cucumber, 1 red pepper
- Drain the pickled cabbage, give it a quick rinse in cold water and then add it to the bowl with the carrot, cucumber and red pepper.200 g pickled red cabbage
- Add the vegan mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar to the bowl along with some salt and pepper. Stir to evenly coat the vegetables. Taste and add more mayo if you want it creamier, or a dash more apple cider vinegar if you prefer it tangier.150 g vegan mayonnaise, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Serve with warm tortillas. Add a sprinkling of freshly torn coriander and sesame seeds if you fancy it.