A bold statement on a controversial subject, I know.
There is many a way to enjoy the infamous ‘avo-toast’ but once you’ve happened upon the perfect flavour combination, there is no going back.
That life-affirming day came for me when frequenting a rather wonderful little cafe called Green Gorilla in Geneva. I ordered my acai-bowl, matcha latte and avocado toast like the rebel I am and casually sat to enjoy what I thought would be a fairly standard but not-too-exciting breakfast.
But standard it was not!
The perfectly ripe, soft and creamy avocado sat atop it’s lightly toasted sourdough throne. A scattering of tangy cherry tomatoes formed a crown with wafer-thin radish slices adorning it like glistening diamonds. A drizzle of sweet, sticky balsamic glaze was zig-zagged generously over the top and it was all finished off with a sprinkling of… (struggling for royal metaphor here)… sprouts. It was finished with sprouts.
Anyway, nonsense aside, this recipe is just quite simply, the ONLY way to eat avocado toast. In fact its less of a ‘recipe’ and more of an instruction manual for life. Just believe me and get the toaster on.
Enjoy my little royal avocado-eating princesses (and princes).
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it @aveganvisit 🙂 Also, check out my new blog A Vegan Visit to Geneva for the low-down on all of the top vegan food in stunning Geneva!
The Video Recipe :
The Written Recipe :
The Best Ever Avocado Toast
- 2 slices sourdough bread (seeded (gluten free if required))
- 1 large avocado (ripe and mashable)
- 3 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 small radishes (thinly sliced (use a mandolin slicer if possible))
- balsamic glaze
- sprouts (the salady stringy type, not the xmas dinner type (sub: cress))
- dried chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
- Lightly toast the bread.2 slices sourdough bread
- Whilst the bread is toasting, mash the avocado in a bowl with the back of a fork. Quarter the tomatoes and very thinly slice the radishes.1 large avocado, 3 cherry tomatoes, 2 small radishes
- Compile the masterpiece by spreading mashed avocado over the toast. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper to each slice and then add the quartered cherry tomatoes, wafer thin radish slices, a sprinkling of sprouts and a pinch of chilli flakes.sprouts, salt and pepper, dried chilli flakes
- Finish with a generous zig zag of balsamic glaze.balsamic glaze